Derek Ramsay Sued By Wife, Mary Christine Jolly

Hunk actor Derek Ramsay is facing charges filed by his wife, Mary Christine Jolly, whom he married twelve years ago.

Republic Act No. 9262, otherwise known as the Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act was filed against the Filipino-British actor by his strange wife.

The former Kapamilya actor however denied the accusation of his wife and said that the complaint-affidavit is indeed "replete with deliberate lies and facts intended to be misleading and deceptive."
On a statement he released on Wednesday, the actor admitted that his counsel told him that the accuser is still his wife according to the Philippine law.

“First, that Mary Christine Jolly and I were married in 2002, a marriage that I was then told, was not valid, for various reasons. Atty. Joji Alonso has subsequently explained to me that the information given me about the status of my marriage, is erroneous and that a marriage unless annulled, remains to be valid,” - the actor said on an interview.

With this, Ramsay confirmed his eleven years old son from Jolly. It can be recalled that the actor first introduced his son to the press on August 2011.

“Since then, I wanted to know my son first and keep my relationship with him, private. Austin was just an 8-year-old boy then and he would not be able to comprehend the possible media curiosity about him, especially since he was then new to the country and about to pursue his education here. Given the circumstances between Mary and I, which is far from ideal, I had to protect Austin first,” -the actor said.

The 37 years old father said on the same interview that he had already answered the accusations against his person.

“I have nothing further to add. Everything that needs to be said is contained in the Counter Affidavit which I have submitted today,” - the actor added.



0 Comments :

Post a Comment