Wordpress Admin Page Is Broken - Hacked

wordpress broken admin page hacked
My wordpress blog is hacked which causes my admin page broken. I found that a worm or some virus got to my computer, sitting and waiting for some ftp session. And when I did used ftp for my self-hosted wordpress site, it logged my username and password and sent it somehow to the hacker.

Cutting the story short, all of my php files was appended with <?php /**/ eval(base64_decode("aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhpc3RzKCdvYl...=="));?> codes on them. Decoding this base64 instruction reveals a functioning php code used by the hacker. And cutting the story shorter, I switched to blogger.com for my blog and just used my beloved old domain.



I didn't know exactly how the virus got to my pc because I'm using an updated Norton Symantec Endpoint antivirus. But suing them isn't possible, so life must go on and I just moved here on blogger.com.

There's a lot of degraded features from a self hosted wordpress blog compared here on blogger.com, like flexible themes, plugins and everything. But if all you need is to have a platform to write on, some space for a humble ads, and I think blogger.com is more than enough for what you need.

And hey, I trust Google anyway.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying that you can't fix your wordpress blog when hacked. It's been on my mind switching on blogger.com long before, it's just that stupid hacker triggered it this time, blessing in disguise I'll say.


0 Comments :

Post a Comment