Fans Watches Empty Silverstone Track On F1 Practice

A very disappointing mishaps hit about 80,000 fans after they spent 90 minutes starring on an empty Silverstone race track during the first F1 free practice last Friday.

Photo: yimg.com
I appears that heavy rains had prevented any F1 cars to make any single laps to pacify the pack of expectators who spent at least £145 for a three-day tickect. What they got? An quite and empty race track instead of a cars with a zipping racing sounds, ooh, and a wet suite.

The president of the British Racing Drivers’ Club who own Silverstone, Derek Warwick, had called the incident "Disgusting" and called on F1 to prevent it happening again.

“I understand the teams’ perspective — they do not want to use their engines, gearboxes, tyres when the track is wet and they know qualifying and the race will be dry and there is no useful information to get,” - Warwick said on an interview.

“So why not make a rule that says, other than for a technical problem, everyone goes out for 15 or 20 laps? If I was driving, being British, I would have given the fans a few laps."

McLaren driver Jenson Button, a British Formula One driver sounded dispirited ahead of his homerace.

"I come here excited because I love seeing the union flags and the support from the British fans and I want to give them a result they deserve because they have been so fantastic. But it's not going to happen. We are not going to be on the podium. If we do, it would be a miracle." - said the Briton driver.

"I'm not happy with the balance of the car," "I can't remember the last time I've felt so uncomfortable. I don't really know what it is but we'll work on it and we'll fix it." - he added.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment