Cherry Mobile P1 Review

Cherry Mobile P1 Specification | Cherry Mobile P1 Features | Cherry Mobile P1 Price

My cherry mobile P1 model experience


When I heard about this cherry mobile P1 model, I really got excited to have one.

So I tried looking for one here on our city, but unfortunately no one seems to have this model. After a month or so, a greenhills – like establishment here on our place sells my long awaited cherry mobile p1.

Sure I can afford buying higher end models, especially their dua-sim mobile phones offered in 2,400 (something) pesos only. But all I want is a basic phone, something I can use for texting and calling. So having this cherry mobile p1 model is just perfect to backup my N-series phone.

This post is about review, so let’s begin.

I will not be too technical here since I am not a technical person in regards to mobile phone testing. Rather, this review will be coming from a regular person who uses mobile phones for daily use.


External Size

The cherry mobile p1 model’s main characteristic that caught my interest is the external size. For those wondering the external size, I used a digital caliper (what is caliper?) to measure the exact thickness of this very small mobile phone.

As you can see on the picture above, the caliper measured as 10.26 millimeter for its thickness. Converting that in centimeter and inches, the value would be 1.025997948 and 0.4039362.

As of the height, here is my credit card to show how small this thing really is. Credit cards by the way is (as far as I know) the same size as an atm card, so if you own or have seen an atm card, you would got a better picture of what I’m telling here.

Here is the picture of the p1 against a credit card.

Colors

The creators of cherry mobile just did it right, coming up with different colors added value for this model. Of course, green color is good, but we don’t like it all. Cherry mobile P1 model is available in green, purple, yellow, blue, black, pink and red.

Black is nice, but I chose color blue because black made it look like a cellphone. And I want mine to be look like a calculator, smile :p
.

Apperance

When I showed my cherry mobile p1 model on the office, all of my co-workers got crazy with it. The first reaction I got is them asking “What is that?”. Out of ten, three said it is a remote control, six said it is a calculator, the remaining one mistakenly said that “Ay, parang cellphone na calculator” (A calculator that looks like a cellphone).

This is the reason I chose color blue, to make it not look like a cellphone, but a calculator.

Three of my officemates even tried texting from and to the my p1 mobile phone just to satisfy their doubts, and of course, it sent and received text messages. One even tried miscalling my phone to see how it sounds like, and of course, my p1 phone bragged its polyphonic tone.

This p1 model really made me cool, the only person on our company that owns one, haha!


Price

If the above mentioned weren’t enough for you, then let’s talk about the price. Cherry mobile sells for only nine hundred and ninety nine pesos (Php.999), yes no typo there.

The price as I believed made this model noisier among all groups of people nationwide. 999? Are you kidding me?!

Cherry mobile is not joking when they offered a brand new mobile phone for only nine hundred ninety nine pesos that comes with a full year warranty.


Weight

In relation to its external size that we have discussed above, the weight of this model is very light. I’m putting my main phone on my pants’ pocket, but I am putting this p1 on my polo’s pocket, and I can barely feel it’s there.

Very very light, I promise.


Some More Notable Features

My main concern before is the text display, I assumed that it shows big letters and I am imagining it having a jam-pack two rows text on it. To my surprise, the letters are very small and it rowed to three very accommodating display.

Here’s a preview of my p1 model that shows a three row display.

Polyphonic tone, yeah I mentioned that earlier, just want to repeat it again.

Alarm clock, no need to explain this, but it has an alarm clock where you can set three alarm settings. I’m not sure how say this right, but it has alarm1, alarm2 and alarm3, okay hope that I made you understand with that.

Calculator, contrary to what people thought it to be, but no, it doesn’t have a calculator in it. A very simple feature that p1 creator can easily add but did not. Only to prove itself that it is not a calculator but it is a cellphone.

You can also set profile settings. Profiles include ring tones, alarm tones, volumes and etc.

One drawback though is that it doesn’t have a vibrator on it. But with its appearance, you wouldn’t expect it to have one anyway. Also, sent items is not a feature for this model.

With its price, it is very ideal as a gift for anyone.

How about you? Do you also want this model? Or if you already have one, what can you say about your cherry mobile p1 model?



13 comments :

  1. ayuuun.. three rows pala. yun ang hinahanap ko.
    thanks po!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kamura naman, pang-regalo, heheheee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. meron nga kong P1, ang-angas ko sa school.
    pinagkakaguluhan nila ko. este yung phone ko pla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. samin dito sa cebu cherry mobile p1 price is 1K ang price. hindi ka na susuklian. WAAAAAHH!
    tAPOZ limited pa ang kulay, wala ng pink.
    saan kaya ko makakahanap ng pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAMEN DIN PO WALA NG IBANG MGA KULAY. TAPOS TINANONG KOH KUNG KELAN MAGKAKARON, SABE EH PA-FACEOUT NA DAW YUN P1.. ANO BA YUUUN!!!!!!!!!
    MERON PO BA KAYONG ALAM NA MAY KULAY BLUE... GANDA NG BLUE EH...
    ADMIN, BENTA MO NA LANG POH SAKEN YANG P1 MU... HEHEHEEE...

    - Pretty Shiela

    ReplyDelete
  6. huwaat?! pa-faceout naah?!
    ano ba yan
    meron po bang mp3 music yan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LESS THAN A HALF INCH.? grabeng nipis naman po niyan sir.
    hanap po ko kagad bukas. thankz

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES YES YES!
    i own one.
    pero black po yung saken sir, maganda naman.
    dami lang nanghihiram.
    lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gift po saken to ng tito john koh.
    inungot ko kasi sa kanya.
    now i own one. mas masarap pa nang idesplay eto keza sa main kong telepono eh.. huzzz.
    -Jessica, 17.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEAH, I JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY.
    alang sent items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. starmall, megamall, central mall, robinson..
    walang blue
    ANYONE PO NA NAGBEBENTA NG BLUE?
    PABILI PO!
    kahit po ma shipping fee!

    text me 09196587182

    ReplyDelete
  12. ..waaaaaaaaaaaa..saken 2 rows lang ;c.. hhmf!

    ReplyDelete