Eight Reasons Why I Like Google Chrome

Google Chrome Review | Internet Browser

google chrome philippines

My google chrome experience


No Header

I'm treating this seriously, the taskbar-header really gets in my way. I think that the creator of other browsers put the header bar to continuously remind users like “You’re using Mozilla Firefox” or “This is Bill Gates’ Internet Explorer”. Quite exaggerated but I’m sure you got the picture, I believe that it’s just an available space that we’re wasting up there.

Rewinding back time, one purpose of this I believe is to create an area for the webpage’s title. But with the innovation of tab browsing, the header bar had just become a redundancy, it’s nothing more than a place to scream its brand.

Fast

My firefox takes some notable time loading itself on my pc. Not surprisingly, other had experiencing the same problem, though it’s normal as they have reasoned on this thread. Now getting back to chrome, I can say that it shows up pretty quickly after double clicking its icon and it loads every webpage smoothly, no complain so far.

Tab Behavior

I really find it cool, them creating draggable tabs where you can’t just shuffle the tab but you can also create a new window by pulling any tabs. With this, you can merge or split any tabs as you like. Another point for chrome for this –ting!

Most Visited

I like how they let users know their most visited sites as they display snapshot thumbnails of each site that you mostly visted. Internet explorer 8 tried to mimic this simply-but-awesome feature, but chrome not just did it first, but they did it more neatly and more  precisely. –ting ting!

Recently Closed Tab

If you had closed a tab, chrome tells you what these are immediately. That’s why when you closed a tab accidentally or for any reason you want that closed tab back, you didn’t need to dig your browsing history, just click on the displayed icon and your recently closed tab is back before you can tap your forehead. This feature is also functional if you had closed multiple tabs.

Final Appearance

I can’t explain this elaborately but chrome’s appearance feels so clean and it just looks like it has more room than any other browser today. Proff of chrome's claim: 'Minimal design, Faster performace'.

Mutiple .exe

I never had experience crashing on chrome, but they said that in case a web page freezes, you didn’t need to close chrome and loose the other webpage that you just opened. Each tab where independently functioning as they all have separate .exe or executables running at your system. I tried to look at the task bar, and there are indeed separate chrome.exe running for each tab.

This is the reason me pulling back from firefox. I used firefox because of its already available useful plugins, but it always crashes, on my experience, it crashes on about every other day. Sure firefox offers a "Restart Firefox" kind of thing, but all of your login data will be lost.

Chrome is still a little late on the browsing business compare to firefox, but it being open source means that it can have all the plugins firefox had. Looking forward for that day.

Brand

The very reason why chrome had gained popularity long before it was released, simply because Google made it. When something is done with a known reputable online company, you can’t really just deny its power, much more if it’s something from the leading search engine on the net (not to mention that it was funded by a billion worth of company, that is).



How about you? Have you used google chrome browser? What do you think?


0 Comments :

Post a Comment